- April 30, 2020
- Posted by: TheNetHawks Team
- Category: Uncategorized
Dark Mode in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS: It has become an essential feature in the recent days, and we already have seen enabling this Dark mode on Dark theme on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver, and also on Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine, and Kubuntu 19.10. In this article, we will check out how to enable Dark Mode(Dark Theme) in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS codenamed Focal Fossa.
Enable Dark Theme from the System Settings of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS- Direct Method:
With the release of Stable Ubuntu 20.04 code-named Focal Fossa, It is now made very easy to enable dark theme or dark mode via the System Settings. The following are the steps.
- Go to the System Settings of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa.
- From the left pane, click on Appearance.
- Under Windows colors, Click on Dark to enable dark theme or dark mode on Focal Fossa. That is it.
How to Enable Dark Mode in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS using Gnome Tweak Tool- Alternate Method:
- Open Terminal on Ubuntu 20.04 using the shortcut CTRL + ALT + T.
- Let us install the Gnome Tweak Tool on Ubuntu using the following commands. Before installing the Gnome Tweaks, we will also add the Universal repository to our system. Execute the following commands on the terminal one by one.
- Enter the system password when prompted to authenticate the installation process.
sudo add-apt-repository universe
sudo apt install gnome-tweak-tool
The above commands will install Gnome Tweaks on your Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. After the installation, it can be opened via Show Applications.
Enable Dark Mode(Dark Theme) in Ubuntu 20.04 using Gnome Tweaks:
Note: The stable Ubuntu 20.04 may come with a dedicated Appearance tab in the System Settings. You can just choose a dark theme from the Appearance tab of System Settings.
- Open Gnome Tweaks from Show Applications.
- Click on Appearance from the left pane.
- Under Themes, dropdown the Applications and choose adwaita-dark.
- That is it. You can find the Dark Mode(Dark Theme) enabled on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
Get in touch with us:
The above article provides detailed information on the steps of enabling Dark Mode or Dark Theme in the upcoming Ubuntu 20.04 LTS codenamed Focal Fossa. If you have any queries, please let us know in the comment. For more interesting articles, visit Tec Robust