- May 2, 2020
- Posted by: TheNetHawks Team
- Category: Uncategorized
nlyOffice: It is a free open source office suite that has text, spreadsheet and presentation editors. It allows creating, view and edit documents without an Internet. OnlyOffice can be fully compatible and also provides quick access to broad collaborative capabilities. It can be open with XML formats:, .docx, .xlsx, .pptx. In this article, we discuss installation, launching and the removal process of OnlyOffice on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa.
Requirements of OnlyOffice:
|Developer||Ascensio System SIA (onlyoffice)|
|App Size||326 MB|
The installation process for the OnlyOffice on Ubuntu:
Method 1: Install OnlyOffice using a snap command
- Make use of the shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T to open the Terminal on your system.
- Copy the following command on your terminal.
- Paste it and perform the task.
sudo snap install onlyoffice-desktopeditors
- Enter the system password to execute it.
- The installation will be carried out in a few minutes.
Method 2: Install OnlyOffice in Official Page
- Go to the official page of OnlyOffice.
- The Debian File of OnlyOffice will be downloading at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the downloaded file, it will be opened at the Ubuntu Software application.
- Select the Install button, enter the system password to authenticate the installation process.
- The installation process will be completed in a few minutes.
Method 3: Install OnlyOffice using an apt command
- Copy the below command one by one.
sudo apt-get install onlyoffice-desktopeditors
- Paste it in your terminal.
- Type the system password and carry out the task.
Wait for a few seconds the installation of OnlyOffice will be carried out.
Launching process for OnlyOffice:
- You can launch the OnlyOffice using the snap command.
- Open the terminal.
- Copy & paste the below-mentioned command in your terminal software.
- Press Enter to execute the command.
- The OnlyOffice will be launched and open.
- In the show applications menu, you can find the OnlyOffice by scrolling down.
- Otherwise, you can type as OnlyOffice in the search column.
- Tap the OnlyOffice icon that appeared on your screen to be launched.
The removal process for the OnlyOffice:
- Utilize the shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T to open the terminal.
- Copy & paste the following command and execute.
sudo snap remove onlyoffice-desktopeditors
- The terminal will ask your system password, Enter the password to proceed.
- The removal of the OnlyOffice will be done in a few minutes.
In the above article, we have described the installation of OnlyOffice on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa. In addition, we have illustrated some simple ways of launch and removal of OnlyOffice on Ubuntu. Your valuable feedback is highly welcomed and drop in case of any queries/suggestions in the comment section.
Thanks for visiting Tec Robust!! Stay tuned for more interesting articles!!